Monday, April 22, 2013

The New Mower

For my birthday Heath surprised me with a new lawn mower!!!  Just kidding, we ordered it weeks ago and it just happened to show up on my birthday, therefore becoming the birthday joke.  
Honestly, with the slow arrival of spring we've been working a lot out in the yard and our lawn was in some major need of trimming.  We Heath researched, read reviews, and "test-drove" mowers and he decided on an electric, cordless mower from greenworks.  I know, I know electric!  When Heath first pitched it to me, I had the nightmare-like flashback of mowing the side of the mountain that my grandparents called a lawn with their corded electric mower.  The entire time I was terrified I would run over the cord with the blades, electrocuting myself and rolling to my death at the bottom of the mountain.  Whether this is even possible, I do not know, but at the time it was a very valid concern and terrified me none the less.  
So, you can imagine I wasn't so sure about this electric mower business.  But I have to say, (and I'm sure that Heath loves to hear it) he was right about this one.  
The mower has been great, it runs on a battery that you just plug in to charge.  There is no mess or hassle of gasoline or oil.  It is QUIET!! ( I honestly think my hair dryer is louder)  Its easy to use and self-propelled.  It is also cheaper to operate, it costs between $.07 - .09 for each charge! So it costs us about $.14 to mow our whole lawn, and we have a large lawn.  


The kids love it.  When Heath first snapped everything together and got it started, I looked out the window and there was Heath, mowing the lawn...and there were all three kids directly behind him, like little ducks in a row.  It was so cute!  


Everyone got to try out the new mower.


Heath was able to mow the entire front yard, side and just into the back before the battery died.  We were both really impressed by the amount of ground covered on a single charge.  The run time was about an hour and 15 minutes. 
Well done Heath, well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment